Quality assurance for mobile applications and mobile web sites has become a hot button for today’s software development organizations. The marketing pressures are immense and press the product development cycle for the shortest possible concept to release times. And the environment for mobile application verification isn’t helping. Where traditional software and web sites can be developed and tested in a tightly controlled setting, mobile software is another matter entirely.
QualityLogic has insights and QA resources that you can put directly to work throughout the development process to solve the problems of supporting mobile systems.
At the front end of the process, our QA system architects can help you plan out your mobile strategy with insights on such questions as:
- Do you need to build a mobile app, or is your business more suited to a mobile web site?
- To what degree can/should you use an Agile methodology for mobile development?
- Should your mobile system stand alone or be a front end for your existing web services?
Once your development team is in place and has a basic mobile system assembled, we can help you save time and money with some judicious early testing. Testing early can also lay a foundation for avoiding expensive problems as you approach your first release.
Our Senior QA Engineers help you create a comprehensive test process, including:
- Sanity checks using code development environments and simulators.
- Tracking requirements to features and verifying that intended functionality becomes a reality.
- Verifying that links and formatting are present and adjustable for conformance to various platforms.
As you approach your first release date, the question of platform support becomes a central consideration. There simply is no substitute for testing your mobile app or mobile web site against the actual array of phones and tablets that you wish to support.
Can you afford to staff and equip a lab full of test personnel and devices? And what about testing the second release… the one with the complex new features?
QualityLogic has test strategies that will help guide you through this part of the process with the best verification results for your testing dollars. We can:
- Test your mobile systems on our own array of mobile devices and/or provide experienced staff to work with your equipment.
- Perform end-to-end tests to verify that, beyond the user interface, the app or site performs correctly as an integrated system and doesn’t disrupt other business processes.
- Load test your back end systems directly to assure robust support for your expected traffic load and beyond.
The pinnacle of mobile QA is automated real device testing. There are several services that offer this and some significant pitfalls in using them. QualityLogic can help steer your development group through these and provide insights into selecting and using some of the new automation tools that are now becoming available
To learn more, contact us, request a quote, call us at 1 800 436-6292 (US toll-free) or +1 805 531-9030, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.