XML Paper Specification (XPS) is a page description language and a fixed-document format developed by Microsoft and later standardized by Ecma International as OpenXPS ECMA-388. XPS and OpenXPS describe electronic documents so they can be read by various hardware and software, and give users and developers a robust, open format for electronic documents.
To help you get your high-quality XPS or OpenXPS implementation to market quickly, QualityLogic has developed a set of test suites and tools to ensure conformance to the XML Paper Specification and interoperability between producers and consumers of XPS documents. QualityLogic XPS and OpenXPS tests are designed to help companies that produce printers, MFP's and software that views, edits, converts or otherwise consumes and processes XPS files.
- OpenXPS and XPS SP1 Functional Test Suites (FTS) test the breadth of OpenXPS/XPS with typical usage scenarios. These suites help companies that produce products that consume OpenXPS/XPS files (printers, viewers, software) rapidly assess baseline conformance to requirements.
- OpenXPS and XPS SP1 Comprehensive Evaluation Tests (CET) contain in-depth OpenXPS/XPS test cases featuring rigorous use of all supported elements (including complex usage scenarios), use of all supported attributes through the full practical range of supported values, and a wide range of diverse testing for non-markup related elements.
- Open XPS and XPS SP1 Application Test Suites (ATS) contain real-world test pages created by QualityLogic page designers using top-selling Windows XP and Windows Vista applications to help you ensure interoperability of your XPS solutions. Files are provided using Microsoft's XPS Document Writer (MXDW) printer driver, native XPSDrv, and using the "Save As" or "Publish as XPS" feature within supported applications.
- HD Photo Functional Test Suite SP1 (FTS) tests the breadth of HD Photo with typical usage scenarios. This suite will help companies that decode HD Photo files embedded in XPS packages (printers, converters, viewers, editors, and other software) rapidly assess baseline conformance to the HD Photo Feature Specification, Version 1.0.
- XPS Color Test Suite SP1 contains custom-developed XPS files and high end graphics application files specifically designed to exercise color issues using newer technologies related to Microsoft’s Vista operating system: XPS, Windows Color System, and HD Photo.
- XPS Technology Training is a 2-day hands-on training course for developers and QA engineers starting to work with the Microsoft XPS Technology
- QualityLogic Outsourced Testing - our world class test lab can execute any of these tests for you, or create a customized test plan to help you meet the quality, performance, and reliability objectives of your product. We can also work with your marketing team to find and promote the competitive strengths of your product.
Benefits of QualityLogic's Test Tools and Services for XPS