- First commercially available SEP 2 conformance test
- Functional conformance test based on ZigBee SEP 2 Application Protocol Specification
- Contains basic test cases found in certification tests, as well as more robust conformance tests
- Windows-based application supporting Wi-Fi/Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6
- Quick, convenient way to test SEP 2 device conformance
- Thorough analysis of SEP 2 messages for conformance
- Prepares SEP 2 devices for interoperability in the field
- Tests load control devices, smart appliances, smart thermostats, energy service interfaces, IHDs, others
Demo of OpenADR 2.0 - Transactive Control Protocol - SEP 2.0 Test Scenario
Jim Zuber, QualityLogic's Chief Test Architect, narrates this demo of OpenADR 2.0 interacting with Transactive Control Protocol and Smart Energy Protocol 2.0 (SEP 2.0).
The SEP 2.0 Functional Test Suite (FTS) provides a convenient method for users to test for conformance to the SEP 2.0 Application Protocol Specification. The SEP 2.0 FTS contains test cases targeting DRLC, Messaging, and Pricing function sets (plus a subset of Common and Support resources), and include design patterns, application support, WADL conformance, schema validation of the XML sent by the device under test, rules and guidelines related to the device behavior, etc. Test cases run without dependencies, allowing you to always have a clean start and making defect isolation easier.
Each test case reports one of the following results:
- FAIL: at least one requirement check has generated a failure
- WARN: at least one requirement check has generated a warning, while all others passed
- PASS: all requirement checks passed and the test objective has been achieved
For a complete list of test cases in the SEP 2.0 Functional Test Suite, please
request the QualityLogic SEP 2.0 FTS Test Specification.
SEP 2.0 Client FTS
The SEP 2.0 Client FTS (QualityLogic’s simulated server) provides coverage for DRLC and Pricing as well as other Common and Support Resources.
There are three test suites that provide extensive protocol coverage for the supported function sets, as well as more robust conformance test cases developed by QualityLogic.
SEP 2.0 Server FTS
The SEP 2.0 Server FTS (QualityLogic’s simulated client) provides coverage for DRLC, Messaging, and Pricing, as well as other Common and Support Resources. There are six test suites that provide extensive protocol coverage for the supported function sets, as well as more robust conformance test cases developed by QualityLogic.
The Client and Server FTS are now shipping. Additional Support, Common, and Smart Energy Resources will be added to the tests based on market need and will be sold separately.
Contact us for more information or request a quote.