Join Us For Our Popular Online IEEE 2030.5 Workshop – Scheduled for Australia and Asia Convenience!
Due to the growing global interest in IEEE 2030.5 for DER applications, QualityLogic is once again offering our IEEE 2030.5 workshop as a virtual class. This workshop will be interactive and is taught live by Steve Kang, Sr. VP of Engineering at QualityLogic and one of the leading experts on 2030.5/CSIP/Rule 21.
Our three-day virtual workshop will provide you with a solid and practical technical understanding of IEEE 2030.5 and CSIP. It will also teach you how to overcome the issues that IEEE 2030.5 implementation and testing presents.
We’ve dropped the price of this 3-day workshop to only $1,295 per person! Save even more by becoming a GridEdge Intelligence member and pay only $995 per person!
Date: September 28-30, 2021
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. PDT (US) each day.
- September 29, 30, and October 1, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Melbourne, AU).
View the workshop agenda below!
- Session 1 – Background
- Session 2 – IEEE 2030.5 Introduction
- Session 3 – Function Sets and Categories
- Session 4 – Support and Common Resources
- Session 5 – Smart Energy Function Sets
- Session 6 – CA Rule 21/CSIP Overview
- Session 7 – CSIP Fundamentals
- Session 8 – CSIP & IEEE 2030.5
- Session 9 – CSIP Utility / Aggregator
- Session 10 – Aggregator Operations
- Session 11 – DER Event Scenarios
- Session 12 – Meter Data, Status, and Alarms
- Session 13 – Global 2030.5 Usage and Adoption
- Session 14 – IEEE 1547.1 Interoperability Using 2030.5
- Session 15 – QualityLogic Test Tools
- Session 16 – Conformance and Certification
Meet Your Instructor
Steve Kang is a leading technical expert on IEEE 2030.5 and CA Rule 21 based Common Smart Inverter Profile (CSIP) implementation guide. He has been involved with IEEE 2030.5 since 2010 and has taught hundreds of people around the globe on IEEE 2030.5 and CSIP since 2013. He has been actively contributing to the IEEE 2030.5, CSIP, EV, and Metering specifications and was one of the main contributors to the SunSpec CSIP Test Procedures. He holds an MS in computer science from USC and an MBA from UCLA Anderson School.
Steve did an amazing job presenting this in a professional manner while keeping it light hearted and encouraging. We had a lot of questions that probably seemed like simple issues to him, but he took the time to explain in detail every solution.. (And time to verify we understood!)David Koll, Sr Project Engineer, UL
- For GEI Subscribers, use the code geimember to save $300!