QualityLogic (www.qualitylogic.com) announced today that it has entered into a strategic partnership with the Drummond Group (www.drummondgroup.com) for Smart Grid interoperability initiatives, including test tools, interoperability testing, certification, consulting and training. Together, the two companies’ complementary services and expertise will offer a “one stop” solution in two critical areas:
- interoperability testing and certification of Smart Grid devices and services; and
- training for policy makers on interoperability solutions to save costs and speed up implementation.
The next generation Smart Grid will comprise a variety of standards and devices that will present intricate interoperability testing challenges. The level of complexity in a standard is directly related to the type of testing needed to resolve interoperability. QualityLogic will bring its proven conformance and interoperability test tool development expertise to the key technologies and standards that will be used in Smart Grid systems, while the Drummond Group will contribute in-depth experience in machine-to-machine (M2M) product interoperability testing, Smart Grid architecture, deployment needs, and certification.
QualityLogic and Drummond teamed up recently to participate in a proposal led by Battelle Memorial Institute for the Pacific Northwest Smart Grid Demonstration Project (www.bpa.gov/energy/n/smart_grid/docs/PNW_SG_Bid.pdf). Together, the two companies expect to provide interoperability testing and certification for technologies used in the Project. The companies will work together to leverage their respective capabilities to meet the test and certification needs of other companies in this domain.
Currently, QualityLogic and the Drummond Group are collaborating on development of a proposed Smart Grid Interoperability Maturity Model (SGIMM) to be presented at Grid-Interop in November and a portfolio of training programs in Smart Grid standards and interoperability for policy makers, managers and technicians.
“QualityLogic has been helping solve complex interoperability problems for close to 25 years,” said Dave Jollota, CEO and President of QualityLogic. “We are excited to expand our business relationship with the Drummond Group beyond the Pacific Northwest Smart Grid Demonstration Project to the entire Smart Grid ecosystem.”
“Drummond Group has ensured the interoperability backbone for the Fortune 500 over the past ten years by performing interoperability and conformance testing for mission critical M2M (B2B) Internet messaging, security, business/technology processes and identity standards,” said Rik Drummond, CEO Drummond Group Inc. and former chairman of the GridWise Architecture Council (www.gridwiseac.org/). “We find the two companies’ core competencies highly complementary and look forward to working with QualityLogic to provide vital services to drive Smart Grid interoperability.”
QualityLogic is a highly respected provider of testing products and outsourced quality assurance and engineering services. The Company provides a flexible menu of services at customers’ sites, at QualityLogic’s labs, or as managed services that scale to meet customers’ evolving needs. QualityLogic’s customers include technology companies around the world in a wide range of industries:
- Smart Grid technologies and products must be interoperable to succeed, and QualityLogic is in the forefront of interoperability test solutions.
- IT departments in companies of all sizes look to QualityLogic to ensure their web applications or websites meet their quality objectives.
- Marketing groups rely on QualityLogic to provide independent validation of their competitive advantages.
- Printer and MFP OEMs, ODMs and technology providers rely on QualityLogic test solutions to validate their products’ performance, conformance to industry standards, and interoperability with other hardware and software products.
- Network infrastructure equipment manufacturers, carriers, and telecom service providers use QualityLogic fax test equipment to ensure interoperability with fax traffic from traditional devices and across the Internet.
For more information, visit www.qualitylogic.com.
ABOUT DRUMMOND GROUP INC.
Drummond Group Inc. (DGI) is the trusted interoperability test lab which works with standards groups, software/firmware vendors and industry groups to drive adoption of standards by offering global interoperability and conformance testing, and certification. DGI facilitates these testing services under association-branded certification programs and its own Drummond Certified® program. Founded in 1999, DGI also represents best-of-breed in strategic interoperability consulting recognizing the challenges of interoperability for industry over the product life cycle.
- DGI provides interoperability certification for M2M or business-to-business (B2B) standards which are used for the Fortune 500 financial information flow, representing billions of dollars per year. Security of data transfer is critically tested.
- Drummond Group tests for the Liberty Interoperable program and KANTARA to provide interoperability testing for Identity information exchange for the US government and the global leaders in identity.
- Drummond Certified® software and firmware is required in RFP’s around the globe to ensure seamless, secure, interoperable products which make implementation easy, thereby significantly reducing costs.
- Smart Grid standards and the products/devices that support them require interoperability and Drummond Group has the proven interoperability experience needed.
For more information, visit www.drummondgroup.com/.