Software Testing is Personal
In today’s hectic business environment where speed is expected and accuracy vital, software testing can be your biggest asset.
However, not all companies have the in-house resources to accommodate which is why many are turning to outsourcing. Outsource software testing can be fundamental to your success and growth—as long as you choose the right partner. There are many options to consider when choosing a software testing company, and like most business arrangements, relationship is everything.
Working with a pure-play company is more likely to provide close collaboration and a tailored approach. A pure-play testing company can be more responsive and flexible, and work with you on a personal level to shape the right program—not simply the one size fits all option.
Onshore Outsourcing Makes Good Sense
There are many variables when evaluating onshore vs. offshore testing companies but for this conversation, we will focus on the benefits of an onshore software testing relationship.
- Your onshore team will be at least twice as efficient as an offshore alternative, and you only pay for the services you receive.
- Work with English-speaking, U.S.-based experts which will eliminate the language, culture, and time zone challenges associated with offshore outsourcing.
- Pure-play outsourced software testing companies are more likely to have the ability to work seamlessly with your internal teams and integrate with your agile development process because they are smaller and more adaptable.
- Flexibility also enables you to expand your team to get through “crunch times” or engage an outsource software testing company on an ongoing basis to ensure critical deadlines are met.
So, while it is clear that outsourcing your testing software makes sense, hiring a pure-play outsource software testing company maximizes the opportunity even further. The quality of your software is improved based on expertise, close collaboration, and the focus that a pure-play team can promise. Additionally, quality and focus translate to lower cost and speed to market.
There are so many advantages for choosing a pure-play software testing company but here are the top 5.
5 Reasons to Choose a Pure-Play Software Testing Company
- Flexibility – We have already discussed the benefit of the flexibility and adaptability delivered by onshore outsourcing, and the same is true for pure-play software testing companies. Pure-play testing companies can react quickly to whatever they need including, automation testing, manual testing, or a hybrid of the two.
- Industry Expertise – Because a pure-play company’s sole focus is on software testing, they have the benefit of working with a wide variety of vendors, systems, and tools that provide a knowledge base brought on by cross-platform and cross-industry experience. Pure-play software testing companies also come with knowledge of industry standards and compliance.
- Software Quality – Pure-play testing companies are key in elevating the quality of the software. Pure-play testing teams have a global vision of how software works. They are focused and unbiased on multiple software systems and testing procedures. They have the expertise and the perspective to ensure that software quality meets expectations for both the customer and the user.
- Lower Costs – Pure-play testers can focus on quality, adherence to requirements, and scalability so that the customer can focus on operational growth. Robust testing cycles for functional and non-functional performance will mitigate failure rates and reduce maintenance costs. Additionally, a pure-play outsource software testing partner will eliminate H.R. and recruitment challenges, and less management means lower costs.
- Faster to Market – Out of all of the advantages shown above, maybe the most impressive advantage is time to market. Highly experienced and skilled teams integrated into the projects from the beginning to end, results in a fluid testing cycle which means a faster turnaround, and a quicker time to market.
Outsourcing Software Testing
While outsourcing your software testing may be uncomfortable at first, choosing the right partner will pay off in the end. When you choose to outsource a critical business function, you want to partner with a company that will take the time to get to know your company. Someone that cares as much about the success of your project as you do. A pure-play software testing company is more likely to give you their undivided attention and plan according to your business needs on a day-to-day basis. A pure-play company not only offers flexibility and responsiveness but also tends to be in a better position to integrate into your existing workflow and culture with less effort.
QualityLogic takes pride in a seamless onboarding process from beginning to end without the obstacles that larger corporate or offshore operations face. We are also able to offer a pilot program option to ensure the fit is right so everyone is confident in meeting the goals and requirements of the business.
As we’ve discussed, there are multiple options to choose from when choosing a pure-play software testing company but since we have your attention, here are some of the benefits of partnering with QualityLogic.
- A small and nimble team comprised of experts that have a broad knowledge of existing systems and are continually learning to keep up with industry innovations.
- Onshore test labs that provide exceptional value at competitive prices without the language, culture, time zone, and distance challenges of offshore outsourcing.
- A stable partner that has provided testing technology and services to enterprises and high-tech industries for over 35 years.
- QA engineering and testing services trusted by Fortune 500 company leaders.
- Technical depth derived from a legacy of developing award-winning test tools.
- Technologies such as virtualization and cloud computing, that allow us to scale our testing environment with minimal cost impact on you.
- Dedicated point person engaged throughout the process whether it is months or years.
So, if you have more testing needs in-house than you can handle or if you are looking to grow the capacity without the internal infrastructure investment, outsourcing your software testing is a prudent option, and choosing a pure-play software testing company to help is simply smart business.
With a quick, informal call, we can help you assess your options and clear the clutter or quell the chaos for the straightest line to success.