QualityLogic is proud to be the official OpenADR Test Tools and Training partner of the OpenADR Alliance. QualityLogic designed, developed, and maintains the OpenADR Test Harness, and we are intimately familiar with the OpenADR 2.0 specification. Our smart energy experts authored the OpenADR Test Specification and PICS, contributed to the profile specification, and supported the Alliance in the development of the “OpenADR Implementation Guide.”
OpenADR Certification Test Tool
You can validate your product’s conformance to the OpenADR certification requirements during your development process and prior to submitting your device for certification. The OpenADR Test Tool is exactly the same one used by authorized OpenADR Certification Test Labs worldwide. Each test case in the Certification Test Tool has a defined a set of prerequisites, a test scenario consisting of a sequence of VEN/VTN message exchanges, and an expected result. Execution of a test scenario will result in payload exchanges between the device under test and the Test Harness. The OpenADR Certification Test Tool performs several forms of analysis on this payload exchange:
- Message interaction patterns are as expected, including correct response and request payloads
- Properly formed XML
- Conformance to OpenADR 2.0 schema
- Specific conformance rules defined in the OpenADR Profile Specification are followed
- The intent of the test case is met
The OpenADR 2.0 Demand Response Program Guide suggests OpenADR best practices for VTNs and VENs to help standardize the implementation of specific DR programs. We’ve implemented 16 new DR Guide test cases in the OpenADR Test Harness and you can use these to test specific DR Program designs.
OpenADR Development Support
QualityLogic’s technical support team includes direct access to our leading experts that have shaped the OpenADR 2.0 standard and testing from its inception. As your team progresses from learning to development, our experts will guide your team in:
- Understanding the OpenADR specification
- Utilizing OpenADR features and functions for your specific use case
- Understanding test case requirements to meet conformance
- Configuring the test tool for your specific test environment
- Understanding causes of failures in OpenADR transactions
Don’t lose critical weeks getting up to speed on the technology or the Certification Test Tool. QualityLogic offers combined OpenADR 2 Development and Test Tool Support Contracts that easily pay for themselves in saved time and product development.
All of the OpenADR Workshops are available as live interactive or recorded online courses taught by the OpenADR expert, Jim Zuber, CTO of QualityLogic. Jim was instrumental in developing the OpenADR 2.0 profile specification, test specification and certification test tool.
- OpenADR Developer’s Workshops provide a conceptual and detailed technical understanding of what OpenADR 2.0 is and how it works. Your team will become familiar with OpenADR 2.0 technology; Certification Profiles a and b; the conformance certification program; and the pre-certification tests and tools. The workshop illustrates how OpenADR can automate typical utility DR programs.
- OpenADR Implementer’s Workshops focus on using OpenADR 2, covering high-level and detailed views of features and functions, and DR program design and deployment issues.
"They have the right people on their team. Our counterpart is an expert who can move forward quickly and effectively. He’s incredibly knowledgeable and easy to communicate with."Rolf Bienert, Managing and Technical Director, OpenADR Alliance
OpenADR Implementation Guide Development
One of the issues we find utilities and aggregators wrestling with is the details of implementing their use cases using OpenADR. We have developed a service that leverages the work we’ve done for the OpenADR Alliance and utilities to assist utilities and aggregators in developing their own “Implementation Guide” based on a profile or set of profiles for their use cases. In addition, QualityLogic can develop a qualification test tool and process for qualifying vendor implementations.
Discover Why Leading Smart Energy Companies Rely on QualityLogic for Our OpenADR Expertise
From industry-leading test tools to training on the complexities of OpenADR, we are here to help your lab, utility, or consultancy. Contact us today.