QualityLogic Releases FaxLab® 8
QualityLogic (www.qualitylogic.com), a provider of leading-edge Quality Assurance and Quality Control test tools and services, has announced a major upgrade to its FaxLab interoperability test tool, integrating a newly redesigned ChannelTrap IV hardware device to generate and receive facsimile traffic. Network equipment providers and carriers use FaxLab to identify message degradation caused by the network transport, as well as fax protocol violations in gateways. FaxLab is used by device manufacturers to test a particular fax device’s ability to interoperate with other devices by emulating normal operation and error conditions for a wide variety of different fax devices, as both caller and receiver. FaxLab allows users to replace a room full of fax devices with software, saving time, reducing costs, and providing a deeper level of testing than manual testing can offer.
FaxLab 8 provides enhanced V.34 emulation capabilities. The ChannelTrap IV, designed and manufactured by QualityLogic, uses the new Conexant DFX336 V.34 and DFX214 V.17 modems for improved control and measurement of call performance. These new modem chips are combined with a transformerless Clare CPC5622 Data Access Arrangement (DAA) to improve noise rejection and reduce heat dissipation and signal distortion. FaxLab 8 software includes V.17 and V.34 modules and emulations of 163 V.17 and 39 V.34 fax machines, multifunction peripherals and fax modem/fax software combinations. FaxLab 8 software is backwards compatible with ChannelTrap III, the previous version of the hardware device. FaxLab 8 and ChannelTrap IV are shipping now.
“For close to 15 years, FaxLab has been used by network infrastructure equipment providers, carriers and device manufacturers throughout the world to ensure their solutions are interoperable,” said Dave Jollota, QualityLogic president and CEO. “The new features in FaxLab 8 will provide our customers the best interoperability test solution for the fax protocol on the market today.”
For more information, visit www.qualitylogic.com, or call 800-436-6292 or 805-531-9030.
QualityLogic is a highly respected provider of testing products and outsourced quality assurance and engineering services. The Company provides a flexible menu of services at customers’ sites, at QualityLogic’s labs, or as managed services that scale to meet customers’ evolving needs. QualityLogic’s customers include technology companies around the world in a wide range of industries:
- Smart Grid technologies and products must be interoperable to succeed, and QualityLogic is in the forefront of interoperability test solutions.
- IT departments in companies of all sizes look to QualityLogic to ensure their web applications or websites meet their quality objectives.
- Marketing groups rely on QualityLogic to provide independent validation of their competitive advantages.
- Printer and MFP OEMs, ODMs and technology providers rely on QualityLogic test solutions to validate their products’ performance, conformance to industry standards, and interoperability with other hardware and software products.
- Network infrastructure equipment manufacturers, carriers, and telecom service providers use QualityLogic fax test equipment to ensure interoperability with fax traffic from traditional devices and across the Internet.